Despite significant progress in global health over the past century, poor health and inequity continue to impair the lives of billions globally and limit economic prosperity. Without a global strategy to combat disease and promote better health, existing and future health innovations will be left in the dark. The “healthy growth scenario” requires the combined strategic deployment of known medical treatments, investment in innovation, and, most importantly, a sharper focus on prevention. As much as 70% of health benefits can be achieved through preventive strategies that stress the importance of cleaner environments, healthier behaviors, preventive medicine, and addressing the social factors that lie behind health inequity. The remaining 30% would come from treating disease with known therapies, thus making 65 the new 55 and bolstering labor forces to create global economic prosperity.